1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MRP Server: a piece of advise

Discussion in 'Community Congress' started by HOBO WAR LORD, Jan 11, 2017.

?

Should we have more higher up assigned to work on MRP revamp if theres a revamp?

1. yes

14 vote(s)
    73.7%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. HOBO WAR LORD

HOBO WAR LORD The ANGRY HOBO
    Senior Forum Moderator

So yesterday, lots of people went frenzy over a certain MRP overhull. Now i don't know if its founded or not but as far as i know, i you are doing it it now it won't work.

Why such negativity, well, look at the forums. You see the faction under MRP? Well no need to keep on talking here cause like me you'll notice that no one is keeping track of it nor seems to care...

My point here is, im all for a revamp ok, as a matter of fact school is starting again so the population is going to drop once more as shown by the gametracker. (https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/74.91.121.110:27015/) So i doubt that, doing a revamp that kills the population would matter at this point.

However what i am scared of is that those who wich to go for a full revamp (afaik the owners) don't give necessary tools to make that revamp work. From the experience i had with being a MRP SM, when i tried to pass something, it kinda never passed cause owner wouldn't be available or i would pass by CoC and the word wouldn't be passed. Mostlikely talking about donation here wich seems that, most faction donated for are... well, "really really original" (sike). Tried to revamp the faction to have a "terrorist VS NATO" type of thing but it failed. What you should copy though is the way vietnam RP works out (faction=regiment)

Obviously we got one tool that might revive the MRP (cause lets face it, its slowly dying since october), the map switch made by bobylol. Whats supposed, or im guessing, will happen is that if we got a revamp, it will happen before that map switch.
    Yet again, this map is soon to be done. But one thing that i am wondering is? did the higher up even talked about it with each other??? If not then sorry but this is bound to fail. You guys need to talk to each other (yet an error that in my last week as a SM, ive made).

Now higher ups might say "of course we are talking with each other about it" yet again i doubt they even mention the word Military RP server in a while cause if you look at the section, as i mention earlier, its a shitfest and there no way of administrating this. As a matter of fact, if you plan on making everything at the last minute and theres a fuck up than bam, its gonna be rushed out and will fail . So i would say you guys need to think about it now, since the map is soon to come.

Now i don't want this to start drama or anything but i highly suggest you at least check this out. If a director feels the need to pass

Sincerly HOBO, ex-SM, retired HA

SM:

@Preston
    @PotatoKing

Director (that i know of):
    @Gaz

• Spooky Spooky x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. HOBO WAR LORD

Senior Forum Moderator

3. Frost

Frost Community Staff Director
    Community Director Developer

I agree that we would need to think about the Pros and Cons of doing a revamp, because it could go both ways. It could either worsen the playerbase, or raise it, but we need to take into consideration that a lot of people go to school, and they have finals or are preparing for them, so a decrease in the playerbase is to be expected.

4. PotatoKing

PotatoKing Server Manager
    Server Manager MilitaryRP Staff Member

here is my opinion on this. like you stated. MRP is slowly Dying. the question is, Why is it dying?

MRP is a very old Gamemode. Same map. Same principle. same shit for over 2 years. People get Tired and bored. We need to Stand out of the others. we need new idea/Mode to Actually bring the player base.

The Revamp is a Let's try or Let's die if you ask me.

5. Gaz

Gaz Community Staff Director
    Community Director Developer Silver Donator

@William is considering wiping the server and completely starting over as a revamp.. Which, frankly, I don't disagree with..

6. PotatoKing

I do not Disagree with it Either. the MRP concept is old and is Due for a big change.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  7. PotatoKing

@Bacon i would like you to come to me and Preston about Staff you think could be good for a Promotion

8. мσση

мσση Forum Admin | MRP Moderator | Toucan Sam
    Forum Admin Moderator MilitaryRP Staff Member Silver Donator

i completely agree with a wipe. it starts us off fresh and we can configure it in a way that could make it new and fresh.

9. MokeyBall

MokeyBall Member

I am 95% on board with the wipe but the big question is how will this wipe play out for the server and the effects on the dedicated players we have in MRP?

10. Jakefox84

Jakefox84 [Forum Admin] [Green Arrow]
    Forum Admin

I'm all for a wipe, just one issue. We're going to need Some COs and NCOs to stay so there is some leadership remaining.

11. мσση

мσση Forum Admin | MRP Moderator | Toucan Sam
    Forum Admin Moderator MilitaryRP Staff Member Silver Donator

afaik it'll be people who can be trusted and know that can do a good job will have ranks

12. HOBO WAR LORD

Senior Forum Moderator

I can help btw i got free time and no duties toward ooc
    So i would be able to focus on US.

How ever i suggested the idea of CO being able to spawn text screen, have some ulx command ect. Concidering that, we will have less CO and all.

Edit: school ain't starting before 23

13. William

William Community Owner
    Community Owner

You see their are two ways this can be handled. I like Quiz's idea, throw up a second MRP server have it from scratch and let it keep the custom map. From then on out the player chooses the new server or the one they have been llaying previously. So if the original MRP dies amd everyone transfers to the second one the need to uphold the donations will no longer be applicable because its a new server. However, this a rought draft concept amd before revamping I am going to speak to other higher ups and see what we should do.

14. HOBO WAR LORD

Senior Forum Moderator

Yet again people will be spread within 2 MRP

15. tyman 2323

tyman 2323 Admin
    Admin MilitaryRP Staff Member

Definitely not me

16. William

William Community Owner
    Community Owner

People will transfer to the new MRP in the beginning maybe but they won't be there for long because the second will rum so much better.

17. tyman 2323

tyman 2323 Admin
    Admin MilitaryRP Staff Member

Shouldn't we just have 1 MRP instead of 2 because then there will be a divide amongst the MRP players and the ammount of players that would be on the 2 server will either be a split in pop. or will have an uneven amount most likely more will be in 1st MRP because they will always want to comeback to the 1st MRP because that was where they started off. This will also decrease the amount of players on both servers. Also if you want to cancel a donation for a faction or weapon you the owner can still take it away according to the TOS because what we give them isn't just something to say thank you and can be taken away.

18. Bacon

Bacon Head Admin
    Head Admin MilitaryRP Staff Member

Tymam, for once, has made sense.

We have an upper staff convo...
    Instead of just teasing here...

19. HOBO WAR LORD

Senior Forum Moderator

Also would be good if you guys took in conscideration the other suggestion that where made. Especially the one concerning staff...

20. Palehorse6

Palehorse6 Fuck Beaurecrats, Get Intel
    Senior Forum Moderator Admin Head Admin MilitaryRP Staff Member Artist - The Division RP Staff - Silver Donator

Pls